1) Williamsburg: Matt Lang and Joe Carroll, the duo behind Fette Sau and St. Anselm, open their newest Williamsburg venture Lake Trout today. The Baltimore inspired restaurant serves a lake trout sandwich, crab cakes, chicken wings, corn on the cob, and shrimp, all fried. Earlier this week, Lang told Eater that he hopes to make Lake Trout "like any old crappy restaurant in middle America." Status: Certified Open; 160 Havemeyer Street.
2) Chelsea: Gallow Green, a rooftop bar atop the McKittrick Hotel (home to Sleep No More) is now open to the public. Paper reports that David Wondrich has created an assortment of punch bowls, and the music resembles the "nostalgic thumping funk of funerary brass." The bar opens at 6 p.m. and reservations can be made here. Status: Certified Open; 530 W 27th Street, 212-904-1883.
3) Long Island City: The second incarnation of barbecue joint John Brown Smokehouse soft opens tonight at 7 p.m. According to the restaurant's Facebook page, they will no longer be BYOB and delivery/take out will resume next week. Status: Softe Opening Tonight; 25-08 37th avenue, 718-361-0085
4) Financial District: Sandwich chain Potbelly opens its 11th NYC location today in the Financial District. Status: Certified Open; 90 Broad Street, 646-289-4211
· All Editions of Thursday Opening Report [~ENY~]