clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Disaster Report

2012_waverly_inn_mural_12.jpgThe fire that shuttered the Waverly Inn on Monday night was caused by faulty electrical work in the basement. The management has not announced a reopening date, but it sounds like the wall with the Edward Sorel mural was the biggest casualty here. Owner Emil Varda tells Diner's Journal, "the damage was not serious, mainly to the mural. We’re restoring it now.” [DNAInfo, DJ]

Sign up for the newsletter Sign up for the Eater New York newsletter

The freshest news from the local food world