1) East Village: Restaurateur Ravi Derossi has opened a new bar called Gin Palace in the former El Cobre space, Grub Street reports. The menu features English pub fare as well as gin and tonics on tap. All other drinks cost 10 dollars or less. Status: Certified Open; 95 Avenue A, 212-614-6818.
2) Park Slope: Park Slope Patch sends word that new French-Hungarian spot Cafe Dada has opened in the former location of neighborhood institution Ozzie's. The new cafe and wine bar is from the restaurateur that owns Seventh Avenue's Couleur Cafe. It features a locally sourced menu from chef Carl Alioto. Status: Certified Open; 57 Seventh Avenue, 718-622-2800.
3) Midtown: According to FloFab, the Algonquin Hotel's Blue Bar has finally reopened after extensive renovations to the hotel. Status: Certified Open; 59 West 44th Street, 212-840-6800.
4) Soho: Nightlife figure Jon Bakhshi opened club/restaurant RSVP on June 7. Zagat confirms that the vibe is predictably scenester. The New American fare (including all-day brunch) is supplemented by nightly burlesque performances. Status: Certified Open; 15 Watts Street, 212-300-3162.
5) Carroll Gardens: Sandwich spot HBH Gourmet Sandwiches & Smoked Meats has set up shop on Smith Street, Grub Street reports. The menu features creations like short rib pastrami and walnut curry grilled chicken sandwiches as well as made-to-order Vietnamese coffee. Status: Certified Open; 407 Smith Street, 347-689-9478.
6) Greenwich Village: FloFab also reports that a new pizza and burger joint called High Heat is set to open later this week. Customers at the casual eatery from Beacon's Waldy Malouf will order at a counter and then be served tableside.Status: Opening Friday; 154 Bleecker Street, 212-300-4446.
[Photo: Park Slope Patch]