1) Upper East Side: Chef A.J. Black recently opened the first NYC location of his restaurant Il Tesoro the Yorkville space which previously housed Primavera Ristorante. The restaurant serves the same style of Italian food and "new classic" fare found at the other locations in Martha’s Vineyard and Florida’s Sanibel Island. There's also outdoor dining on the open patio, a wine cellar available for private events and live music, and a marble-topped bar. Status: Certified Open; 1578 First Avenue, (212) 861-9620.
2) Park Slope: The seemingly cursed space on the corner of Seventh Avenue and Third Street that housed Barrio and then the very short lived MIX (open only for one month), is now the home to Puerto Rican-inspired, Casa Ventura, Here is Park Slope reports. A group of neighborhood buddies got together to open an "authentic Puerto Rican restaurant with Latin influences in an upscale setting." Hopefully third times a charm. Status: Certified Open; 210 Seventh Avenue, Brooklyn, (718) 965-4000.
3) Greenpoint: Grub Street notes that new, no-frills bar, Beloved plans to open today in the old Stones Tavern space. The cocktail menu, featuring six specialty creations, comes from Heather Ash, the lead bartender from Allswell, and Rene Hidalgo from Lantern's Keep. There will also be a selection of 12 craft beers and a 800-square-foot backyard. Status: Opening Today; 674 Manhattan Avenue, Brooklyn.
4) East Village: Grub Street learns that Ravi DeRossi is adding to his mini-East-Village-empire this week, opening Proletariat, a secret beer bar located behind Jane's Sweet Buns. The ten-seat space is hidden behind a pink door in the back of Jane's and serves 12 tap beers, 30 in bottles, and a couple of beer cocktails on draft. Status: Opening This Weekend; 102 St. Marks Place.
5) Nolita: A new location of Chipotle is open and serving booze with a full liquor license over on Spring Street in the old Beba space, reports Bowery Boogie. Status: Certified Open; 71 Spring Street.
6) East Village: Proto's Pizza is open for business and is not serving dollar slices, writes EV Grieve. The new pie joint is in the former Enzo's space. Status: Certified Open; 50 2nd Avenue.
7) Wall Street: Downtown hotel, Andaz Wall Street opened Bar Seven Five Terrace earlier this week. Outdoor seating and lunch and dinner service are available Monday through Saturday. Status: Certified Open; 75 Wall Street.
8) Gramercy: A new location of Jebon Sushi & Noodle is open, serving hot broth noodles and some new slider dishes, like one made with kimchi. Status: Certified Open; 171 3rd Avenue.
[Photo: Here's Park Slope]