1) Upper West Side: Reps send word that a new gourmet food store called Gastronomie 491 is now open on Columbus Avenue between 83rd and 84th streets. The space has a cafe that serves breakfast, lunch, and light dinner, including Mediterranean specialties, rotisserie chickens, and several fresh soups and salads. The market features a number of specialty pastries, cheeses, and charcuterie items. Status: Certified Open; 491 Columbus Avenue, 212-974-7871.
2) Harlem: Harlem Bespoke learns that a new bar is now open on the corner of 126th Street and Lenox Avenue called Lenox Social. It serves classic cocktails and bar bites like cheeseburger egg rolls and fried oysters. Status: Certified Open; 321 Lenox Avenue, 212-510-8552.
3) Midtown: Zagat has a look around Clyde Frazier's Wine and Dine, the massive new Midtown restaurant from basketball legend Walter "Clyde" Frazier. The space is adorned with pictures of the basketball player, and the menu features standard pub grub, plus more refined plates like veal Milanese. David Waltuck, formerly of Chanterelle, is the consulting chef. Status: Certified Open; 485 10th Avenue, 212-842-1110.
4) Tribeca: The Tribeca Citizen reports that Atrio, an all-day restaurant, is now open in the brand new Conrad Hotel. The menu has a Mediterranean slant, with things like roasted vegetables, flatbreads, meatballs, cheese plates, steaks, and fish dishes. Status: Certified Open; 102 North End Avenue, 212-945-0100.
5) Lower East Side: Christian Vautier Le Concept, a new French chocolate shop, opened last week on Broome Street. Acclaimed Parisian pastry chef Christian Vautier has teamed up with an FCI grad named Aditi Malhotra for this project. The cafe serves truffles, bon bons, macarons, profiteroles, and many other little treats. Status: Certified Open; 254 Broome Street, 212-473-3200.
6) Tribeca The Tribeca Citizen also alerts us to the opening of a new location of acclaimed coffee bar Kaffe 1668. This second shop is just nine blocks away from the original, and it features a larger space with lots of worn wood and industrial lighting. There's also a big retail space. Status: Certified Open; 401 Greenwich.