Welcome to the Friday shutter report. Know of a restaurant that has met its demise? Let us know.
1) Lower East Side Bowery Boogie writes that Khushie Kitchen, an Indian restaurant on Essex that was shuttered by the Health Department back in October, seems to be shuttered for good this time around. For almost a month the security gates have been down with the lights out and chairs stacked on the tables. [BB]
2) Harlem: Harlem's four year-old Nectar Wine Bar is closed, per an announcement from the owners. Writes Uptown Flavor, "Unfortunately, the economic downturn and the growth of lower FBD (Frederick Douglass Blvd.) have not been kind to Nectar which was once considered the Queen Bee of the revived boulevard." [Uptown Flavor]
3) Greenpoint: Flavorpill reports that Veronica People's Club, "a weird, wonderful little bar with some of the best and most unassuming cocktails in Greenpoint," is closing. Their final blowout party will take place on Saturday, March 17th. [Flavorpill]
4) Flatiron: Grub Street reports that Cabaret Gentlemens Club is no more. The landlord shut it down when the owners stopped paying rent. [Grub Street]
5) Brooklyn Heights: A reader sent in the above picture of Montreal-style bagel vendor B&B Empire a couple of weeks ago. The good news is Grub Street hears they are going to relocate to Atlantic Ave. Update: B&B was closed for renovations but is now open again in the original spot. Everything, save the bagel oven, has been revamped. [ShutterWire]