1) Morningside Heights: The New York Times reports that a new ramen joint is now open in the neighborhood called Jin Ramen. The menu features many different types of noodles and broths. Status: Certified Open; 3183 Broadway, (646)-559-2862.
2) Midtown: Irving Place Restaurant Little Town NYC now has a sister restaurant uptown. New York Times writes that they are serving up the same New York-themed small plates, plus a few new larger plates. Status: Certified Open; 366 West 46th Street, (212)-677-6300.
3) Sheepshead Bay: The Feed reports that David "Kevin" Yong of Sushi Seki fame teamed up with longtime Seki devotees Michael Barkin and Berta Zaidman to open Sushi Mikasa. Status: Certified Open; 1188 Gravesend Neck Road at Sheepshead Bay Road, (718)-332-6600.
4) Tribeca: Midtown Lunch scopes out the newest branch of Potbelly Sandwich Shop, which is now open. Status: Certified Open; 280 Broadway Between Chambers and Reade, (646)-289-4206.
5) Lower East Side: Yopparai, an upscale izakaya, is a new restaurant from husband wife team Gaku and Christy Shibata. The 30-seat space was designed by Richard Bloch who also did sushi spots Masa and 15 East. Status: Certified Open ; 151 Rivington, (212)-777-7253.
6) Midtown: The Feed reports that Russian entrepreneur Andrey Dellos just opened a branch of his Moscow restaurant Cafe Pushkin in NYC. The menu features traditional Russian fare, with plenty of caviar, vodka, and Champagne to choose from. They're currently only open for dinner, but they hope to expand to lunch service next week.
7) Upper West Side: My Upper West sends word that a new location of 16 Handles just opened. The froyo chain now has six Manhattan outposts. Status: Certified Open; 2600 Broadway Avenue.
8) Midtown East: The Feed alerts us to the opening of The Kati Roll Company's third NYC location. The menu is the same as the one at the other stores. Status: Certified Open; 229 East 53rd Street, (212)-888-1700.
9) Times Square: Midtown Lunch brings our attention to the new outpost of Gyu-Kaku that just opened. They are currently only serving dinner but they plan to also serve lunch in the coming months. Status: Certified Open; 321 W. 44th Street, (646)-692-9115.
10) Chelsea:The owners of Dumbo-based grocery shop Foragers have opened their first Manhattan location, Forager's City Grocer. The market sells a lot of locally imported goods, and it will have a small wine shop next door, Foragers City Wine. The space will also house Foragers City Table, a 36 seat restaurant within the grocer that will have a juice and coffee bar. Status: Certified Open; 300 west 22nd street, (212)-243-8888
[Photo: Littletown NYC]