1) Harlem: Harlem Gal hears that the owners of Bier International are opening a new spot in the former space of Society Cafe on the southeast corner of 114th Street and Frederick Douglass Blvd. It will probably be called Cafe Frederick and will serve sandwiches and coffee. [PLYWOOD]
2) Williamsburg: A tipster grabs a pic of Ramen Yebisu, opening soon on North 6th Street between Bedford and Berry Sts. [PLYWOOD]
3) West Village: A number of tipsters have written in to report (and it has been mentioned elsewhere) that The Blossom Cafe, part of the vegan chain, will open sometime soon in the space once occupied by Carmine Club Cafe
4) East Village: The Local reports that the new owners of Tompkins Finest Deli will open a deli and cafe sometime in the next two months on the southeast corner of First Avenue and Second Street. They will serve falafel, shawarma, and other Middle Eastern specialties. [PRE-PLYWOOD]
5) Upper West Side: West Side Rag notes that a new restaurant is taking over the long vacant Time Out sports bar on Amsterdam Ave. between 76th and 77th Streets. They will serve fish, burgers, goose fat fries, and more. Meanwhile a new venture called 78 Below is taking over the old (second) P&G Bar space on 78th and Columbus.
6) Chelsea: Fork in the Road learns that Maruko Sushi & Tea will open eventually at 170 West 23rd Street. [PLYWOOD]
7) Midtown Lunch: Midtown Lunch reports that a new Thai noodle bar called Zoob Zib is coming soon to 9th Avenue between 36th and 37th Streets. [PLYWOOD]