1) East Harlem: If you have a sweet tooth, you should head up to recently opened Coco Le Vu Candy Shop where they are serving up 500 different types of candy, as well as fruits dipped in chocolate. According to the New York Post, the 2,550 square foot shop will includes space for birthday parties and other events. Status: Certified Open (per Facebook); 202 East 110th Street, 212-860-3380.
2) Astoria: Konstantinos Batalamas' is the owner of Thymari, a Greek Restaurant that opened last week, that pays homage to his childhood in northern Greece. Thymari will be dishing up traditional Greek fare but will also include such favorites as spanakopita, tzatziki and moussaka. They will be open for dinner and serving up Greek wines, Greek beers and have an extensive cocktail list. Status: Certified Open; 32-07 Avenue in Astoria, Queens, 718-204-2880.
3) Chelsea: Vanishing New York reports that El Paraiso a Spanish/Chinese restaurant has opened in the place of La Nueva Rampa, what was one of the last Chino/Latino restaurants in Chelsea. It seems that little was changed or renovated. Status: Signs point to open; 149 W 14th St..
4) Upper East Side: Reps report that Number 28 Pizzeria Napoletana e Ristorante opened on February 10 at 1431 First Avenue near 74th St. This is the fourth location of the pizzeria, and they serve classic pies, gluten free options (coming soon), homemade pastas, and a whole slew of cocktails. Status: Certified Open; 1431 1st Ave. 212-772-8200.
5) Flatiron: Flor Fab reports that Hummus & Pita Co., a Middle Eastern fast casual spot, opened last week. Status: Certified Open; 585 6th Ave., 212-510-7405.
6) Upper East Side: Flo Fab also notes that Yefsi Estiatorio a new Greek spot from an alum of Molyvos and Estiatorio Milos, is now open on the Upper East Side. The restaurant specializes in the dishes of Cyprus, including grilled halloumi cheese, country sausage with black-eyed peas, and lamb shank with noodles. Status: Certified Open; 1481 York Avenue, 212-535-0293.
7) Upper West Side: West Side Rag reports on the opening of Say Cheese, a new grilled cheese shop on West 83rd St. To celebrate their opening, workers were giving away free Sno-cones and s'mores yesterday, even though it was bitterly cold. See their full menu here. Status: Certified Open (but closed on Mondays); 142 West 823rd St., 212-799-0080.