1) West Village: the new location of the Big Gay Ice Cream Shop opens today at the corner of Grove Street and Seventh Avenue. For today it's open from noon to midnight (though future hours are TBD) and, unlike the East Village location, has some seating. Status: Certified Open; 61 Grove St..
2) Park Slope: A new Vietnamese sandwich shop called Banhmigos has opened, reports Here's Park Slope. The shop serves banh mi, salads, and spring rolls, along with a selection of bubble teas. Status: Certified Open; 178 Lincoln Place, 718-399-3812.
3) East Village: St. Marks Place has a new "espresso nook," called I Am Coffee, writes The Local. It's owned by Giovanni Finotto and Caterina Musajo, who run an online wine shop called I Am Wine. The 65-square-foot space also sells pastries by an Italian baker named Quirico "Chicco" Lucherini. Status: Certified Open; 9 St Marks Place.
4) Upper West Side: The former Backyard @ 160 space has become Hiro Sushi at Ollie's. My Upper West floats the idea that it's related to the Ollie's Noodles chain, but confirmation of that is not available. Status: Certified Open; 160 Freedom Place.
5) Flatiron District: Stix, a new kebab shop, soft opened this past Thursday in the Flatiron District. Grub Street notes that the restaurant serves a selection of salads, yogurt, and juices in addition to the meat and fish kebabs. Status: Soft Open; 212-673-6666.