David Chang was on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon last night to talk about the upcoming Chinatown issue of Lucky Peach and what the Momofuku empire is doing to help a post-Sandy New York City. "We just need to support the American Red Cross," Chang said, "It's tough down there under 39th Street. When the power gets on, please support the restaurants and all the mom and pop restaurants. They're what make New York New York, I think."
Momofuku is hosting three separate events today to benefit the Red Cross:
· Noodle Bar is doing a bun pop-up at Milk Bar in Williamsburg. Two buns are $10 and all proceeds go to the Red Cross.
· All proceeds from lunch and dinner at Má Pêche will go to the Red Cross; Booker and Dax's Dave Arnold and Tristan Willey will be serving cocktails from 5 p.m. until close.
· Momofuku Ko and Momofuku Ssäm Bar are joining forces with Cafe Boulud for a six-course dinner with beverage pairings and cocktails. Tickets are $495 and all proceeds go to the Red Cross.
· On Fallon, David Chang Talks Lucky Peach and Sandy [~EN~]
· Momofuku for the American Red Cross [Momofuku Official Website]
· All Coverage Of Hurricane Sandy [~ENY~]