1) Upper West Side: The newest location of The Smith opened on Tuesday, DNAinfo learns. The concept is essentially the same as at the East Village and Midtown locations, though owners Jeffrey Lefcourt and Glenn Harris are taking it a little more upscale and artsy due to its proximity to Lincoln Center. Brunch kicks off this weekend. Status: Certified Open; 1900 Broadway, 212-496-5700.
2) NoHo: A new French restaurant called Le Philosophe has opened at 55 Bond St. The chef is Matthew Aita, formerly a sous at Jean Georges and the corporate chef at Sullivan Street Bakery. His opening menu includes items like tournedos Rossini with foie gras, madeira, and black truffle, and a pork belly sandwich with poached egg and arugula. In keeping with the name, the walls of the 60-seat dining room are adorned with pictures of French philosophers. Status: Certified Open; 55 Bond St., 212-388-0038.
3) Williamsburg: Zagat reports that L'isola Wood Fired Pizza & Gastro Bar, a restaurant with a roof deck, is now open on Metropolitan Avenue. The menu is essentially classic Italian, but it also includes a Pat LaFrieda burger. Status: Certified Open; 128 Metropolitan Ave., 718-599-0200.
4) Soho: The Dalloway, a vaguely Virginia Woolf-inspired bar and restaurant by The Real L Word stars Amanda Leigh Dunn and Kim Stolz, is now open in the former Lani Kai space. Grub Street has the menu by Noche alum Vanessa Miller, which includes items like glazed short ribs and lobster tagliatelle. Status: Certified Open; 525 Broome St., 212-966-9620.
5) Upper West Side: The owners of Mike's Pizzeria have converted that space into a new Kosher burger joint called Amsterdam Burger Company reports My Upper West. The burger choices include the intriguing breakfast burger with fried egg, bacon, and potato, while there's also a selection of sandwiches, soups, and salads. Status: Certified Open; 654 Amsterdam, 212-362-0700.
6) Prospect Heights: Sarah Peck has converted her Washington Avenue pizza shop Ortine into a beer, wine, and small plates destination called Atlantic Co. According to Zagat, the couple-weeks-old newbie offers a constantly changing menu of seven different locally-sourced small plates, with 13 beers (and one wine) on draft, plus a half-dozen wines by the glass. Status: Certified Open; 622 Washington Ave., 718-622-0026.