clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Three Injured in Accident at Midtown Sushi Parlor

New, 4 comments

On Friday night, a dishwasher accidentally spilled a soy-sauce container full of gasoline in the dining room of Eno Asian Bistro and Lounge. The oil caught fire, and burned a chef, a busboy, and a customer at the restaurant. According to City Room, all three of the victims of this accident are recovering at the New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center.

Although it's unclear how, exactly, the fire started, the restaurant will be closed for the next two weeks. The chef of the sushi restaurant, Fei Teng, has been arrested on charges of reckless endangerment. As the story goes, he acquired the gasoline the day before the incident. He used half of it in his car, and stored the remainder of what he didn't use in the restaurant's basement.
· Chef Charged in Fire at Restaurant [City Room/NYT]
· All Coverage of Restaurant Disasters [~ENY~]

Eno Asian Bistro and Lounge

1066 First Ave., New York, NY