1) Crown Heights: A New American restaurant on Franklin Place called Mayfield Restaurant is in its soft opening period, per Brownstoner. The chef-owner here is Lev Gewirtzman, formerly of Stone Park Cafe. It's just open for dinner right now but brunch will start in a couple of months. Status: Soft Open; 688 Franklin Ave., 718-318-3644.
2) Bay Ridge: Mini-pizzeria chain Abitino's is getting a younger sibling called Vicolo. Per Grub Street, the new Bay Ridge spot offers Neapolitan pizzas and calzones by Luigi Olivella and an extensive non-pizza menu by Bruno Milone. Status: Opening Tonight; 8530 Third Ave., 718-833-0043.
3) Williamsburg: The neighborhood café House of Small Wonder?which closed several months ago?has reopened in a new space, Zagat Buzz reports. Open Tuesday to Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., the current menu includes a small selection of light sandwiches, with a full menu in development. There's also a more substantial selection of brunchy items like a croque madame and croissant French toast. Status: Certified Reopened; 77 North Sixth St.
4) Park Slope: Fifth Avenue's Thai Sky quietly changed ownership a little while back, with the new owners rebranding the place as Luck Thai. According to Here's Park Slope, the restaurant's menu has evolved, expanding a bit rather than being completely revamped. Status: Certified Open; 386 Fifth Ave., 718-499-1888.
5) Upper West Side: The West Side Rag learns that the neighborhood has new locations of the Pizzabolla and Pick-a-Bagel chains, located right next door to each other near the corner of West End and 61st Street. Status: Certified Open; 55 West End Ave.