1) Lower East Side: Hell Square's getting a little rowdier tonight with the opening of Hair of the Dog, a new bar (or in Bowery Boogie's terms, a "frat-hole") opening in the former Café Charbon space. It's from the same guys that opened Down the Hatch and the 13th Step. Status: Opening Today; 168 Orchard St., 212-585-2371.
2) Tribeca: As expected, the newest location of Sushi of Gari has opened. Tribeca Citizen checked in on the chain's fifth location and found that the dining room is very bright, though the 11 seat sushi counter upstairs is "much more civilized." Status: Certified Open; 130 W Broadway, 212-285-0130.
3) Lower East Side: Bowery Boogie also notes that the former Oliva space has officially become Mezetto, a new Mediterranean small plates operation. It opens tonight and will be open for daily daily, plus brunch on Saturdays and Sundays. Status: Opening Tonight; 161 E Houston St., 212-933-4587.
4) K-Town: East Village Asian dessert shop Spot has opened a second location in K-Town. According to Midtown Lunch, the new location is on the second floor of the Food Gallery 32 space. It's been open since last week but the grand opening is this Saturday. The menu's more limited than at the EV original, but it still has a selection of pastries and ice creams. Status: Certified Open; 11 W. 32nd St.
5) East Village: An Italian-French hybrid Entrez Bar & Grill took over the former Pomodoro space last week. Owner Aidin Zekirovski, a recent transplant from Denmark, based the concept and location on several months of questionnaires, which he found that the neighborhood was looking for a "healthy and affordable" and casual restaurant. The menu is designed by executive chef Jay Ridonic. Status: Certified Open; 166 Second Ave., (212) 533-4875.
6) Murray Hill: The East Village mac-and-cheese shop S'MAC opened a new location on September 18, per DNAinfo. While the spot only served lunch at first, it's now slinging its various macs-and-cheeses for lunch and dinner daily. Status: Certified Open; 157 E 33rd St., 212-683-3900.
7) Nolita: The second Taim brick-and-mortar has entered the soft open phase. Per Serious Eats, the menu of falafels and salads is identical to the one served at the original location, though there may be some new items in the pipeline. Status: Soft Open; 45 Spring St., 212-219-0600.
8) East Village: Over on East Seventh, there's a new café called Shervin's Café, owned by Shervin Nassi. It's a coffee shop with baked goods by Balthazar by day, and a wine bar with small plates by night. Status: Certified Open; 131 E 7th St.
9) Lower East Side: Hair of the Dog isn't the only bar opening on the LES tonight. The Lo Down learns that Leftfield, by the owners of Northern Soul Bar in Hoboken, has been in a soft open period recently and is celebrating its grand opening tonight. Status: Certified Open; 87 Ludlow St., (212) 677-1100.