1) Upper East Side: The new uptown location of Il Mulino opens tonight. This is the second New York location of the Italian icon, after the 30-year-old Village spot that's so popular with celebrities and politicians. It'll be open Sunday to Thursday 11:30 a.m. to 11 p.m., and Friday and Saturday 11:30 a.m. to midnight. Status: Opens tonight; 37 E 60th St., (212) 750-3270.
2) Fort Greene: Brooklyn has a new New American restaurant called Prospect, according to Zagat Buzz. During its construction phase, Prospect's owners made small waves for their use of repurposed Coney Island boardwalk, and now, presumably, they hope to make larger waves with its menu of hearty fare like grilled hamachi and Atlantic halibut. Status: Certified open; 773 Fulton St., (718) 596-6826.
3) Upper West Side: Local pizzeria mini-chain Numero 28 has expanded uptown with a whole new concept called Numero 28 Cucina. Per Grub Street, the menu at the Cucina leans further away from straight pizzeria fare, with seafood, meat, and pasta offerings on the Sicilian menu by chef Philip Guardione. Status: Certified open; 660 Amsterdam Ave., (212) 706-7282.
4) Crown Heights: Prospect Heights Patch learns that Connecticut Muffin opened this morning at the corner of Nostrand Avenue and Bergen Street, bringing its menu of coffees and teas, soups and sandwiches, and, of course, muffins to Crown Heights. This location of the Brooklyn-based chain will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily. Status: Certified open; 615 Nostrand Ave..
5) Union Square: A new restaurant and market called Hu Kitchen opened on Friday. TONY took a first look at the food offerings, which focus primarily on "pre-industrial" things like raw and grass fed meats. There's a dining area on the second floor for consuming these pre-industrial (and occasionally "pre-agrarian") options in a comfortably post-industrial setting. Status: Certified open; 78 Fifth Ave., (212) 510-8919.
6) Bed-Stuy: Brownstoner reports that the people who make those enormous doughnuts at Dough have opened Manny's Restaurant in the former Crave space in Bed-Stuy. Right now they've got pastries (including doughnuts), sandwiches, and salads, and plan to add brunch and dinner options in the near future. Status: Certified open; 212 Patchen Ave.