1) Flatiron: Alison 18, Alison Price Becker's follow up to her long-closed Alison on Dominick Street, opens to the public tonight. Check out the space and the menu over here. Status: Opening tonight; 15 West 18th St., 212-366-1818.
2) Cobble Hill: Pardon me for asking brings news of Burger on Smith opening up in the former Faan spot on Smith Street. Kyle Huebbe and Blessing Schuman-Strange have teamed up to open this "new American, but elevated" restaurant. The features a number of burgers as well as the option to create your own burger and toppings. Status: Certified Open; 209 Smith Street, 718-694-2277.
3) Greenwich Village: Mexican sandwiches and tacos are the main event a new Greenwich Village restaurant and tequila bar Tortaria, which opened yesterday. The large venue will also have outdoor seating where people will no doubt have a beer and enjoy tortas with some made-to-order guacamole. Status: Certified Open; 94 University Place, 212-776-1830.
4) SoHo: The Smile's new take-out offshoot The Smile To Go is now open and serving a daily changing menu of Mediterranean inspired dishes. In the space, they offer coffee, teas, juices, baked breads, pastries, salads, soups and sandwiches. Status: Certified Open; 22 Howard Street.
5) LaGuardia Airport:: Bisoux, a French bistro from restaurant group OTG and New York chefs Lee Hanson and Riad Nasr of Balthazar and Minetta fame that also has a location at JFK, opened yesterday in Terminal D of LaGuardia Airport. The decor is tasteful and the restaurant has been outfitted with individual power outlets at every table. Status: Certified Open; LaGuardia Terminal D.
6) East Village: EV Grieve dishes on the Cigkoftem a new Turkish vegetarian fast food restaurant that opened recently in the East Village. The fast food chain has been around since 1993, and this appears to be their first Manhattan branch. Status: Certified Open, East Ninth Street at Avenue A.
7) Midtown: Midtown Lunch alerts us to the opening of Caffe Bene, a South Korean coffee chain. The massive space has a lot to offer, including giant flat screen TVs, pastries, gelato, smoothies, pre-made sandwiches, waffles, tons of seating and coffee. Status: Certified Open; 1605 Broadway between 48th and 49th Street.
8) Ditmas Park According to Ditmas Park blog, Am Thai Bistro is open on Church Avenue. Opening day so far has been a success, they even got a blessing from three monks. Status: Certified Open; 1003 Church Avenue, 718-871-9115.