1) Chelsea Last week, Flo Fab offered some details on Haven's Kitchen, a new combination market, cooking school, catering company, cafe, and event space in Chelsea. A call to the shop confirms that today is their grand opening. Sometime in the near future, guest chefs like Gabrielle Hamilton of Prune and Bradford Thompson of Miss Lily's will lead some of the classes, and the owners plan to offer monthly dinners in the private dining room. Status: Certified Open; 109 West 17th Street, (212) 929-7900.
2) Clinton Hill: Brownstoner brings word that a new bar has opened on Myrtle at Taffee place called Brooklyn Tap House. They serve a menu of standard pub food with most dishes under $10, and the bar has over 40 beers on tap. Status: Certified Open; 590 Myrtle Ave., 917-202-1801.
3) The Bronx: The son of the original Babalu owner, Ralph Mercado III, has followed in his father's footsteps reports the Times. The second location will have the same name, same Latin music, cultural events and even the same chef, Alex Garcia. Status: Open Today; 3233 East Tremont Avenue (Wittemore Avenue), 718-824-8400.
4) Lower East Side: Whole Foods has just opened a kiosk near their pizza station which will be offering pizza from Pizza Roma. Three kinds of the square-shaped pizzas will be offered; Margherita, zucchini and patate. Status: Certified Open; Whole Foods, 95 Bowery, 212-420-1320.
5) Greenwich Village: A new beer store is opening tomorrow called The Growler Station. They will offer 24 craft beers on tap, and over 300 bottles to take away. Customers can purchase the beer in 32 and 64 ounce growlers, or a two liter bottle that they're calling "The Beast." Snacks like pickles and beef jerky will also be for sale. Status: Opening Tomorrow, 26 W. 8th Street.