1) Hell's Kitchen: Tomorrow, chef Angelo Sosa will open Anejo, a Mexican restaurant and "tequileria" in Hell's Kitchen. They'll serve over two dozen kinds of tequila and mezcal alongside tacos, tamales, and specials like braised cheese and corn dumplings. Status: Opening tomorrow; 668 Tenth Ave., 212-920-4770.
2) Clinton Hill: Grub Street notes that the team who made a name for themselves serving fresh mozzarella at the Brooklyn Flea will open Speedy Romeo in Clinton Hill on Wednesday. They'll serve mozzarella, seasonal pizzas, and Italian entrees. Status: Opening Wednesday; 376 Classon Ave., 718-230-0061. Update: Speedy Romeo will not open on Wednesday as planned but should open on January 24.
3) Greenwich Village: As noted last week, Miss Lily's opened their juice bar, variety shop, and bakery (pictured right) on Saturday. Status: Certified Open; 130 West Houston, 646-588-5375.
4) East Village: As promised, The Wayland, a new cocktail den, raw bar, and music venue, opened in the old Banjo Jim's space on Avenue C. Fork in the Road stops in to check out a drink and approves. Status: Certified Open; 700 East 9th Street, 212-777-7022.
5) East Village: EV Grieve notices that a new restaurant called Five Tacos opened on St. Marks Place. They serve tacos, quesadillas, burritos, larger plates, and sides. It's owned by the people behind Ten Degrees nearby. Status: Certified Open; 119 St. Mark's Place.
6) Lower East Side: Bowery Boogie reports that Top Hops Beer Shop has opened at 94 Orchard Street after some serious delays. It functions as both a bar and grocer, offering beer to stay or singles and six packs to take for the road. Status: Certified Open; 94 Orchard St.