1) Williamsburg: The new location of The Bagel Store is now open on Bedford Ave at South 4th Street. A few months ago, news broke that the operation was moving from its original space on Bedford and Metropolitan because of a rent increase. Status: Certified Open; 349 Bedford Avenue, 718-218-7220.
2) Downtown Brooklyn: Brownstoner brings word that a new location of Five Guys is now open on Flatbush Avenue, serving the usual menu of burgers and fries. Status: Certified Open; 1 Flatbush Avenue, 718-422-1192.
3) Midtown: Midtown Lunch has an image of a Twitter post from Tri Tip Grill stating they will be having their soft opening Thursday in Grand Central, but their PR rep says that they're actually opening on Friday. Status: Opening Friday; 89 East 42nd Street (Inside the Terminal, Dining Concourse), (212) 557-1030
4) Nolita: Grub Street reports that a new restaurant in Nolita called Jack's Wife Freda will be opening this weekend for lunch with dinner to follow soon after. Husband and wife team Dean and Maya Jankelowitz, who previously worked with Keith McNally, are behind the cozy cafe. Status: Opening Friday; 224 Lafayette Street, Near Spring Street
5) Harlem: Flo Fab reports that a wine bar called Auberge Laurent is now open on Malcom X Boulevard near 120th Street. This new small plates parlor is owned by Lawrence Page, who also operates the Actor's Play House and the temporarily-shuttered Pink Tea Cup. Status: Certified Open; 200 Malcolm X Boulevard, 212-831-3625.
6) Midtown: A new Mediterranean restaurant called Grata recently opened on 1st Avenue between 58th and 59th Streets. The chef is Meny Vaknin, a former sous chef with Daniel Boulud, and he serves mini meatballs, housemade cavatelli, and braised lamb with dried figs and quinoa. Status: Certified Open; 1076 1st Ave., 212-842-00007.
[Photo: John Bedard]