1) Tribeca: Pane Panelle, the new sandwich shop adjacent to Stuzzicheria from chef Paul DiBari, is now open. The menu includes muffalettas, meatball heros, several sandwiches made with chickepea fritters, and a few that feature offal. Status: Certified Open; 305 1/2 Church St., 212-219-2357.
2) Kip's Bay: Old Delhi, a new Indian street food restaurant, opened on Monday with a menu of chaat, curries, samosas, and other traditional dishes, most of them priced under $10 (a few are only .99 cents). The chef and proprietor Gaurav Anand also owns Bhatti Indian Grill. Status: Certified Open; 101 Lexington Ave, 212-683-2293.
3) East Village: NGam, a new Thai restaurant on 3rd Avenue near 13th Street, is now serving lunch and dinner. According to their site, their chef trained under M.L. Sirichalerm Savsti, "Thailand’s most celebrated chef." The lunch menu features a burger, short ribs, and chicken wings, and the dinner menu has many more traditional Thai dishes. Status: Certified Open; 99 3rd Avenue, 212-777-8424.
4) Williamsburg: A new bar called St. Austere is now open at 613 Grand Street in Williamsburg. In addition to beer and wine, they serve sandwiches and small plates, including a porchetta cubano and bone marrow on toast. Status: Certified Open; 613 Grand Street, 718-388-0012.
5) Lower East Side: Bowery Boogie hears from the management that Family Recipe is opening tonight at at 231 Eldrige Street. Chef Akiko Thurnauer is a vet of Nobu, and will be preparing Japanese-inspired dishes made with local ingredients. Status: No one's picking up the phone, but it should be open tonight.; 231 Eldridge Street, 212- 529-3133.
6) Greenpoint: Here's Greenpoint notes the opening of Grandma's Kitchen, a new hot hero shop on Manhattan Avenue. Status: Certified Open; 683 Manhattan Avenue, 718-609-9090.
7) Midtown: From the tipline: "My friends, Yiming Wang and Xian Zhang, just opened their own Chinese restaurant, Cafe China, located at 13 East 37th St. It has the look and feel of Shanghai in the 1930s. And the food is delicious and very authentic." Check out the menu here. Status: Certified Open; 13 E. 37th Street, 212-213-2810.
8) Lower East Side: A new bar and restaurant called Interstate Food & Liquor opened earlier this week. They're serving burgers, chicken pot pies, hod dogs, and a full selection of beer and spirits. Status: Certified Open; 74 Orchard Street, 212-804-6237.
[Photo: NGam via Facebook]