1) Midtown: A branch of New Orleans-based healthy pizza chain Naked Pizza is now open on 3rd Ave between 57th and 58th streets. Midtown Lunch reports that the menu allows for "an endless amount of customizable options," and that the core pizza crust is made with a blend of 10 grains. Status: Certified Open; 954 3rd Ave.
2) Midtown: The new casual lounge at 21 Club is now officially open to the public. Bar "21" serves snacks, lunch items, cocktails, wine, and beer (a first for the restaurant). No jackets required, but jeans and sneakers are not permitted. Status: Certified Open; 212-582-7200, 21 West 52nd Street.
3) Upper West Side: A tipster sends word that a new location of Hell's Kitchen burger shop Island Burgers and Shakes is now open on Amsterdam between 80th and 81st. They serve a wide variety of gourmet burgers, plus appetizers and fresh salads. Status: Certified Open; 422 Amsterdam Ave, (212) 877-7934.
4) Brooklyn Heights: A Tiger in the Kitchen has some info on the new location of Hanco's Vietnamese soup and sandwich shop, which is now open at 147 Montague Street. The menu and decor are similar to the other locations in Park Slope and Cobble Hill, with a selection of sandwiches, pho, and rolls, all for under $10. Status: Certified Open; 147 Montague Street, 347-529-5054.
5) Park Slope: Here's Park Slope reports that a new location of Five Guys is now open at 164 Park Place. It has the same menu as at the other locations and about 60 seats in the dining room, plus a futuristic soda machine. Status: Certified Open, 164 Park Place, 347-889-7300.
6) Chelsea: The Tippler, a 3,000 square foot bar under the Chelsea Market, is opening tomorrow at 5 PM. The brick-walled space features a 40-foot marble bar and a drinks menu by cocktail consultants Paul Tanguay and Tad Carducci . Status: Opening tomorrow. 425 West 15th Street; 212 -206-0000.
7) Williamsburg: A new bar, restaurant and movie theater complex called indieScreen is having its grand opening tonight. The theater has been operational for the last year, but the food and drink options are new. The bar features a full selection of beer, wine, and cocktails. To eat, there's a huge list of gourmet concession stand goodies, plus burgers, soups, salads, and tapas-style appetizers. Status: Opening tonight; 285-289 Kent Avenue, 347-227-7324.
[Photo: Midtown Lunch]