1) Midtown: Soho panini spot Salumè has expanded to Times Square's Broadway Plaza, featuring their top ten best-selling paninis with two additional vegetarian options, at a twenty percent discount. Extra perks: the kiosk will stay open three hours later than its parent location, 11 AM - 11 PM, with paninis delivered fresh from the Soho flagship via Italian moped every hour on the hour. Status: Certified Open; Broadway and 45th Street.
2) Midtown: Midtown Lunch reports that Tabata Noodle Restaurant is now bringing A-game ramen to Midtown West. Fast service and various broth and ingredient combinations make this new noodle joint a welcomed addition to the neighborhood. Status: Certified Open; 540 9th Ave., 212-290-7691.
3) Lower East Side: Mexicue opens its second brick-and-mortar location on Forsyth between Broome and Grand. The new LES venture will feature an expanded version of the truck's menu, with salads and sides, including sister 7th Avenue location's Smoky Caesar Salad and Spicy Potato Salad to boot.
Status: Soft open until September 15. Officially open September 16; 106 Forsyth Street.
4) West Village: As mentioned last week, chef Simpson Wong will open his new Cornelia Street restaurant Wong today. He serves an "Asian Locavore" menu including bonito crudo with seaweed and Japanese rice crackers, pork belly with taro root tater tots, clay pot sepia rice, and lobster egg foo young. Status: Certified Open; 7 Cornelia St., 212-989-3399.
5) DUMBO: Brooklyn Paper reports the opening of Wild Rise, an authentic Neopolitan pie shop on Jay and Water Streets. The restaurant's name pays tribute to it's wild yeast that gives their pizza "the classic taste and the seal of approval from all those purists in Naples." Status: Certified Open; 68 Jay Street, Brooklyn
6) Park Slope: Halal restaurant Filfila Falafel is serving affordable fare in the former Pita Hut space on Ninth Street, east of Fifth Avenue. According to HeresParkSlope, aside from the pita, all dishes are homemade and inspired by owners Salah and Amad's family recipes. What makes the food even more delightful are the prices, with sandwiches between $3-$5. Status: Certified Open; 310 9th Street, Brooklyn; 347-889-6348