1) Greenpoint: A new cafe is now open at 1011 Manhattan Avenue called Troost. In addition to coffee and pastries, they serve wine, beer, cheese and charcuterie plates. The space has a large back garden, and they're open late. Status: Certified Open; 1011 Manhattan Ave.
2) Upper East Side: A tipster writes in, "The Seahorse Tavern on 85th and 2nd in NYC is opened and the foods awesome." According to Yelp it opened on Friday and they serve items like shrimp po boys, fried oysters, and sliders. Status: Certified Open; 303 E 85th St., 212-744-7774.
3) East Village: The Cardinal, a new Southern restaurant from former Bubby's chef Curtis Brown (and backed by American Apparel's Dov Charney) is scheduled to open today. They'll serve burgers ($13), fried chicken ($15), catfish ($15), a bbq plate ($18), and more. Status: Certified Open; 234 East 4th St., 212-995-8600.
4) Williamsburg: Zagat notices that a new shop called Waffle & Wolf has opened over on Graham Ave. near Withers in East Wiliamsburg. They serve Dutch waffles folded around a variety of fillings. Status: Certified Open; 413 Graham Ave., 347-889-6240.
5) West Village: Fork in the Road notes that RouRou Cafe has opened in the former Cupcake Stop space at 70 Greenwich Street. They serve baked goods, quiches, and sandwiches. Status: 70 Greenwich Avenue, 212-627-0200.