1) East Village: After last week's oyster and craft beer soft opening, First Avenue raw bar Upstate will begin serving a full menu this week (though it is closed for business tonight) in the old Permanent Brunch space. The intimate space already introduced a rotating menu of East and West variety oysters, in addition to a draught selection from high end breweries Kelso, Captain Lawrence, and Southampton, reports GrubStreet. Status: Certified open; 95 First Avenue.
2) East Village: Another breed of "raw bar" also opened today in the East Village: Santa Monica-based health-focused RAWvolution will have no oven and no stove according to the Wall Street Journal. Owner Janabai Amsden will be serving a creatively crafted menu including donuts made by dehydration. Status: Confirmed open; 504 E. 12th Street, 212-473-3990.
3. Park Slope: On the heels of Bare Burger, the twenty five-seat Purbird will be serving hormone and antibiotic-free chickens half or whole. A healthy twist will compliment the Southern-inspired cuisine: jalapeño mashed potatoes and whole wheat mac n cheese stand out on their menu, according to The Feed. Status: Certified open; 82 Sixth Avenue, 718-857-2473.
4. Sheepshead Bay: Brooklyn Paper hypes the opening of Draft Barn, the third installation of an old school beer garden, complete with extensive 300 bottle selection, Hungarian sausage and hog knuckle. A welcome addition, to be sure, to an already beer-centric summer bar scene. Status: Certified open; 30 Dooley Street.
5. Jackson Heights: The owners of Upper West Side Peruvian favorite Pio Pio are taking their knack for flavor to the cocktail realm with the opening of Amaru, a pisco bar in Queens. The Feed reports on the bar's seventeen different fermented grape spirits, tropical style cocktails, and tapas to accompany drinks. Status: Certified open; 84-13 Northern Boulevard, Queens, 718-205-5577.
5. Midtown: Midtown Lunch reports that spinoff of downtown favorite Harry's Italian is now open for business at 30 Rock selling traditional square slices. A worthy alternative should Liz Lemon clean out the hotdog cart. Status: Certified open; 30 Rockefeller Center Concourse, 212-218-1450.