1) Upper West Side: My Upper West has some info on the relocated Calle Ocho: they're soft opening tonight, and through Sunday they'll be offering a 20% discount on food (no alcohol). The restaurant will start operating at full capacity on Monday. Status: Soft opening tonight; 45 W. 81st St., 212-873-5025.
2) Park Slope: Here's Park Slope reports that a branch of Astoria-based mini-chain Bare Burger opened on 7th Avenue last night. The organic beef they use has a lower fat content than most burgers, and you can also get patties made of ostrich, lamb, elk, bison, chicken, or vegetables. Status: Certified open; 170 7th Ave., Brooklyn, 718-768-2273.
3) East Village: Smoothie and coffee shop Xoom — relocated from 7th St. — is opening tonight next to CitiFitness. EV Grieve brings word that they're throwing a grand opening party on Sunday from 3-5 PM, with free samples. Status: Opening today; 242 E. 14th St., 212-505-9666.
4) Upper East Side: Grub Street has a first look at East End Kitchen, a new American bistro in the old Le Boeuf à la Mode space. The room has simple, cream walls and a focus on bare wood and tasteful antiques to complement the menu of locally-sourced, organic fare. Status: Opening tonight; 539 East 81st St., 212-879-0450.
5) Williamsburg: Fork in the Road learns that Kristi Banister, owner of High Horse Salon, has opened the High Horse Saloon right next door. There are six craft brews and two wines on tap, more than 30 whiskeys, and a beer and a shot combo for $5. Status: Certified open; 103 Havemeyer St., 718-388-7703
6) Tribeca: TONY has the details on Silver Lining, the new Jazz club from Joseph Schwartz and Vito Dieterle of Little Branch. In addition to a menu of classic and modern cocktails, Silver Lining will offer small plates, including things like ceviche and sliders. Status: Tribeca Citizen reports that it's already soft open, but expect a full opening this weekend; 75 Murray St., 212-513-1234
— Devin Briski