- Expect to find some classy women at a Day and Night brunch like these ones who went to one of the few held at the Oak Room, although they aren't wearing the "brightly colored dresses or skirts" that the article recommends.
- Koch Brother Daniel is sick of dudes from LA who show up to one of his amazing events, saying â€œYou get guys in from L.A., they think a brunch is a brunch. We have to say, â€˜Look, dude, this isnâ€™t what you think it is.â€™ You canâ€™t rock a T-shirt he
- Provocateur owner Mike Satsky prefers his male customers to wear â€œa blazer, a solid button-down or a solid sweater.â€ This guy brings two out of three, so you know he's getting in.
- But Satsky also warns, â€œWe do not do plaid, and we donâ€™t do stripes.â€ That means this guy is out.
South Pointe owner Ben Grieff says they only want the â€˜authenticâ€™ Hamptons crowd, which he says are people who "dress right out of a Ralph Lauren advertisement" and not people who show up in shorts and flip flops.
These ladies pi
- Sorry guys, this look may work in Belmar, NJ with Paulie D, but it's not going to cut it at the Mulberry Project
- It doesn't seem like Guy would be welcome anywhere, but he is probably not sweating it.
Do you stare into your closet on a Friday night wondering which of your outfits will be the one to help get you past the velvet rope and into New York's hottest clubs? Thankfully the New York Times Styles Section is here to put a bit more certainty into your fashion choices with a mega piece on the not so secret dress codes of various hot spots. The owners of hot spots like the Mulberry Project, South Pointe and Provocateur practically foam at the mouth to explain the looks they won't allow in their venues, and rather than have you risk the embarrassment that being rejected in front of your friends would bring, we've taken their advice and created this handy gallery of some fashion do's and don'ts that will guarantee you never have a problem getting in again. · Dress Codes in New York Clubs: Will This Get Me In? [NYT]
· Nightlife Coverage [~ENY~]