Although the dining rooms of the city are filled with many happy couples, they are also inhabited by lovesick diners looking to catch the eye of that special someone. Sometimes, these people take to Craigslist to try and find that guy or girl who they saw from across the dining room, but weren’t able to muster the courage to say something to. Here now are a few restaurant missed connections — perhaps love is on the menu for these lonely people sometime soon.
10) FARM-TO-CHAPEL? — Max at David Burke Kitchen - m4m: You're the very handsome bartender this past weekend at David Burke Kitchen. Not here to freak you out or anything....I was with my boyfriend at the restaurant and we both thought you were absolutely adorable. Not sure if you will see this, but we will definitely be back for another drink. Hit me up if this is you! =)
9) THE ACE OF HEARTS — expediter/chef at the Breslin, NYC - w4m - 26: You are the expediter/chef at the Breslin, you were wearing a black and white striped apron and you're really good looking. I am the girl in the blue dress sitting at the chef's table at 5:30 today (Sunday July 24) we had the suckling pig. It was amazing. But I was actually more interested in you than the food. I tried to catch your eye a couple times.... If you remember and want to know more, please reply back to me. I would love to cook you dinner.
8) A GRAND STREET ROMANCE — Hostess at Walter Foods - m4w - 26: You were the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. We shook hands and briefly talked and I'd like to talk to you again.
7) WHEN THE MOON HITS YOUR EYE LIKE A BIG PIZZA PIE— The girls at Grimaldi's - m4w: The group of 3 girls at Grimaldi's is Brooklyn. We were in the line together and you were sitting next to us. We took pictures at Grimaldi's and then later next to the Brooklyn Bridge. We didn't talk much but, I thought you were really beautiful. You were in blue and I think you were from Finland. I am not sure if you will ever see this but, please email me if you do.
6) ADDICTED TO....LOVE? — Lil' Frankies bartender - m4w - 31: I asked you for a cigarette and you gave me your half finished one and went inside. Before I could talk to you. It doesn't make too much sense that I'm writing you here as I could easily go back to find you bartending some night. I don't even remember what you look like, but for some reason I'm compelled to write.
5) A HOLE LOT OF LOVIN' — DOUGHNUT PLANET - m4m - 29: MY SECOND TIME EVER COMING INTO YOUR STORE! YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL! WOW! WOULD LOVE TO GET TO KNOW YOU. I AM SHORT, AND HISPANIC.
4) HAPPY ACCIDENTS — Maialino bar Weds around 10pm - w4m - 30: I briefly chatted with you at the bar after a minor accident between me and your friend involving a spilled wine glass. I thought you were very attractive. If you are reading this, please tell me what happened with the wine glass!
3) MAY THE FORCE (OF LOVE) BE WITH YOU — Cute Guy Reading Star Wars at Westville East - w4m - 23: This was forever ago, but I keep hoping you'll come back. We chatted for a bit at the bar, but I had to get back to work and you left before we could trade names/numbers/anything! Lamesauce. Well, if you come back to the restaurant anytime soon, I can for sure hook you up with something sweet.
2) LOVE IS ON THE MENU — You work at Enid's in Brooklyn! - w4m - 23: You work in the kitchen at Enid's. I come there on Monday nights and sometimes for brunch and you are always working. You're the one closest to the kitchen window all the time, and you have a lot of tattoos from what I can see. I live in the neighborhood, and would like to hang out sometime. Maybe I will just ask you in person if I don't get a response to this!
1) BRATS, DOGS, AND LOVERS? — We met at The Standard Biergarten - w4m - 28: Your name is Glen, you live in Short Hills, NJ. We met on Thursday, July 14 at The Standard Biergarten. We had a great night and you walked me to the PATH. I typed my number in your cell phone, but because I haven't heard from you I think I typed it wrong. It was an honest mistake to give you the wrong number, if that's what happened. I'd really like to hear from you.