1) West Village: Tomorrow, Left Bank, a new American spot on Perry and Greenwich stressing "thoughtfully sourced" and "humanely raised" "seasonal fare" will open to the public. Expect appetizers like lamb tartare and zuchinni with peas and farmer's cheese and entrees like gnocci with pesto and brined pork chops with sauerkraut. For a look inside, click over to Grub Street. Otherwise, check it out and send early reports here. Status: Opening Tomorrow; 117 Perry St., 212-727-1170
2) Clinton Hill: Clinton Hill hipsters of Myrtle will soon get a taste of SoCo sans lime according to Zagat with the arrival of a new southern fried chicken joint. With a website promising it to be SoJazzy and SoBrooklyn, we look forward to seeing what they come up with. Status: Certified Open, per their Twitter; 509 Myrtle Ave., 718-783-1936.
3) Lower East Side: Il Laboratorio del Gelato's new/old location at 95 Orchard St. is already drawing in the crowds after its Saturday opening according to Bowery Boogie. The icy laboratory feel allows for more congregation space at this location; however, plan ahead: hours are only noon to 6 pm Wednesday through Sunday. Status: Certified Open; 95 Orchard St., 212-343-9922.
4) Upper West Side: According to My Upper West blog, the Jewish Community Center has opened a kosher cafe called Simply Divine at JCC. A soft opening is serving up pastries, coffee and baked goods before their grand opening in September. Calle Ocho has also announced they will be opening their 81st St. location the first week of August. Status: Certified Open; 334 Amsterdam, 212-541-7300
5) Nolita: Piazza Seventeen is serving up square Roman-style slices in the former Club Veloce place. Though it is officially open for business, liquor license woes have them operating BYOB for the time being, according to Zagat. Status: Certified Open; 17 Cleveland Place, 212-334-6534.
6) Midtown East: Wall Street lunch hotspot Potbelly Sandwich Shop is opening its second installment this week for a lower key lunch break scene. A national chain, Potbelly serves unexpectedly cheap ~$5 hot sandwiches and freshly baked cookies made to order. Status: Opening Wednesday; 150 E. 44th St.