1) Chelsea/Midtown West: Mexicue, the year-old Mexican-barbecue fusion food truck, opened its first brick and mortar space yesterday at 345 7th Ave. (between 29th and 30th). They've expanded their menu to include things like salads, rice bowls, and more sides (including a green chili mac and cheese). And now you can wait inside. Status: Certified Open; 345 7th Avenue (between 29th and 30th).
2) Times Square: After a four year absence, the Copacabana Supper Club returned this past Tuesday. They're now in the old China Club space at 268 West 47th St. (at 8th Ave.). Alex Garcia of Calle Ocho is running the kitchen, serving traditional dishes from all over Latin America, and you'll be able to find everything from Copa dancers to nightly live music in the rest of the club. Status: Certified Open; 268 West 47th Street (at 8th Ave.), (212) 239-2672.
3) Park Slope: The New York Times reports that gourmet falafel establishment Kulushkät opened its Park Slope doors almost four weeks ago, at 446C Dean Street (at Flatbush Ave.) Owners Yagil Kadosh and Andrew Rowley have spent time in Israel perfecting their technique, and they serve their falafel (Kadosh's family recipe, made with the "highest quality ingredients") with various traditional toppings. It's a small, 12-seat space, so be prepared to take out. Status: Certified Open; 446C Dean St. (at Flatbush Ave.), 347-799-1972.
4) Kips Bay: Straight out of the Korean-Mexican fusion trend comes KalBQ, opening tomorrow at 36 Lexington Ave. (between 23rd and 24th). Menu items include customizable bibimbap and and traditional Kalbi along with the Korean tacos. They'll be sharing space with Atomic Wings, so you can add even more spice to your meal if you like. Status: Opening Tomorrow; 36 Lexington Avenue (between 23rd and 24th), 212-432-5252.
5) Astoria: George Rallis and Gary Anza (of Astoria establishments Hell Gate Social and Bistro 33) opened up William Hallet a little over two weeks ago. It's an American bistro, with a "Southern comfort slant," and there's a turducken meatloaf sandwich (served with bourbon ketchup) on the menu. Status: Certified Open; 36-10 30th Avenue (between 36th and 37th), (718) 269-3443.
— Alex Ma
[Photo: Midtown Lunch]