According to a former pastry chef at the soon to close Oak Room and the a $25 million lawsuit she is filing against Eric Hara, the former executive chef subjected her and other staffers to all kind of nasty sexual harassment. The Post has the nitty gritty:
· At least once a day he "would literally pick me up and throw me in the garbage can -- just because he thought it was funny"Wow, that's getting into nightlife world territory. Why someone, or if the suit is correct, multiple people, would stick around an environment like this, even with this economy, is confounding.
· "He'd pour food on my hair almost every day -- heavy cream, chocolate sauce, honey."
· "He'd make me carry eggs in my shirt, and if I did something he didn't like, I would have to break them and rub it into my chest."
· According to the lawsuit, "when a male employee boasted of the size of his penis, Hara ordered a female chef to measure him with a ruler for verification."
Hara, who has moved on to open restaurant 9, denies the allegations, calling this lawsuit "a money move."
· Unjust desserts [NYP]
· Pastry Cook sues former Oak Room 'monster' boss for harassment [NYDN]
· All Coverage of Eric Hara [~ENY~]