It's the year of the pop-up here in New York, and June has so many pop-up dinners on the books—half of which feature rambling chef Laurent Gras—that it's getting a little hard to keep track of them all. So, Eater has compiled, for your convenience, a list of some of the most attractive special dinners going down this month, from affordable wine dinners to $300+ special engagements that will require some Craigslist skills, and even a trip up to a farm. Tired of going to the regular spots and paying the regular price for the regular menu? It's summer: go wild.
· Torrisi Italian Specialties Global Feast Dinner: This dinner is sold out but there are tickets here and there on Craigslist. It's a $180 a head, 10-course dinner that will cover Italian, Asian, and Jewish cuisine. 248 Mulberry St.
· China-Latina Night at The Little Owl: Chefs Lee Anne Wong and Camille Becerra will do a one night only pop up dinner at the Little Owl event space. The theme: Chino-Latino. $60 a head for passed hors d’oeuvres, small plates, and a Pernil self-carving station, all paired with cocktails. 93 Greenwich Ave.
· Omnivore Dinners at Dovetail: $125 plus wine pairings each night (June 9 - 11), featuring in order, Michael Anthony (Gramercy Tavern) and Mads Refslund (MR, Copenhagen), Carlo Mirarchi (Roberta's) and Giovanni Passerini (Rino, Paris), and John Fraser (Dovetail) and Jean-François Piege (Thoumieux, Paris). See the just released menus here. 103 West 77th St.
· Wildflower at LTO: LTO, the continual pop-up restaurant now features the vegan stylings of chef Ayinde Howell. He'll serve three seven course dinners and brunch from June 10 - 12. Meals are $30 - 65 here. 171 East Broadway.
· Bobo's Plate to Gate Dinners: All throughout summer and fall, West Village restaurant Bobo will host roving feasts on New York farms. The next one, a brunch, takes place on Neversink Farm in Claryville. $50 a head. 635 Claryville Rd., Claryville NY.
· Black Mountain Wine Dinner: The Brooklyn restaurant is hosting a five course dinner with special wines chosen and sourced by Tabla alum Brandon Barton. $65 a head. 415 Union St., Brooklyn.
· Italian Wine Dinner at The Tangled Vine Wine Bar & Kitchen: The UWS restaurant will serve a tasting of Italian grape varietals from both southern and northern Italy, paired with a four-course menu. $59 per person, plus tax and gratuity. 434 Amsterdam Ave..
· Laurent Gras at Momofuku Ko: These two dinners, on June 14 & 15, sold out in about a millisecond, but secondary channels like Craigslist should not be ruled out. Gras and the Ko crew will prepare a fourteen-course meal for $225, with a beverage pairing for $125. There will only be twelve guests per night. 163 1st Ave.
· Frasca Food and Wine Dinner at Gottino: Master Sommelier Bobby Stuckey and chef Lachlan Mackinnon Patterson of Frasca Food and Wine in Boulder, CO, will serve a three-course meal paired with wines from their vineyard in Friuli. $74 a head. 52 Greenwich Ave.
· Final Dinner at Savoy: Savoy's chefs are planning a five-course $85 summer feast that will be completely sourced from the Greenmarket for their final night of service. 70 Prince St.
· Laurent Gras at Aldea: Laurent Gras will be in the kitchen at Aldea on June 27, serving a six-course dinner for a lofty $185 a head with wine pairings. 31 West 17th St..
· Eleven Madison Park Brooklyn Brewery Dinner: Daniel Humm will create a menu paired with selections from Brooklyn Brewery's Garett Oliver, including beers that have yet to be released. Canapes and beer cocktails on the patio will be followed by a multi-course dinner. $150 a head. 11 Madison Ave.
Have a special dinner planned you want Eater readers to know about? Send info to email@example.com.