Welcome back to the weekly Friday Shutter. Know of any other restaurant that has met its demise? Let us know.
1) Lower East Side: Bowery Boogie learns that New Roma Pizza, a staple for late night eats on Delancey and Allen, is not closed for renovations. It's closed for good. The owner told a tipster last week that they were forced to close due to renovations for the building and they probably won't reopen. [BB]
2) Lower East Side: And nearby American Choice Deli is closing as Chase bank expands. [BB]
3) East Village: EV Grieve reports that Teriyaki Boy on East 10th Street between 1st and 2nd Aves. has closed. [EVG]
4) Upper West Side: Closed for Business notes that New Pizza Town, a classic slice joint that has operated on Broadway and 78th for over 30 years, closed last Friday. And "Rumor is, a 22-story apartment building will be erected on this site, connected to the building that went up over the comedy club on 78th." [Closed for Business]
5) East Village: Chef supply store and gourmet shop SOS Chef is closed over on Avenue B between 6th and 7th. [EVG]