- Chinatown is full of interesting restaurant flags, but this is one of the best. Just look at the duck's handsome white and gold plumage. (photo)
Another fowl-themed flag, from secret flag-aficionado Michael White.
- This blue flag adds some visual pop to the front of Steve Hanson's seafood restaurant. Doesn't quite match the grandeur of the Union Square Cafe sign down the block, but it's still a nice touch. (
A three-star flag for a three-star restaurant. The flag recently got an upgrade, like many other things at Veritas. (Photo)
- A flag-and-banner combo. The flag is perhaps a bit too large for the front of the restaurant, but it's charming none the less. (Krieger)
Subtle, simple, elegant. (photo)
- Basically a Japanese flag, with the restaurant's name on it. (photo)
- Looks like a wooden or metal sign, but it is in fact a canvas flag. Einat Admony continues to surprise. (Photo)
- The flagship location of Tom Colicchio's fast food restaurant actually has a flag. (photo)
- Fact: friendly ice cream-eating monsters look great on flags. (Photo)
Flags are nowhere near as popular as signs or awnings, but they certainly add visual punch to the fronts of restaurants. In honor of Flag Day, here's a collection ten of our favorites from around the city.
· All Slideshows on Eater [~ENY~]