1) Prospect Park South: The Ditmas Park Blog announces that NYC ICY is open for the season. Status: Certified open; 905 Church Avenue, Brooklyn.
2) East Village: Last week Bento Burger was operating in a soft opening phase, but now they are fully open, Zagat Buzz reports. They are in the old Marfa space on 2nd Street. Status: Certified open; 101 E. 2nd Street, (212) 673-8908.
3) Hell's Kitchen: Midtown Lunch brings word that the Teriyaki Boy on 9th Avenue between 57th and 58th streets has become a Terakawa Ramen. This is not the first time a Terakawa Ramen has taken over a Teriyaki Boy either. The new spot serves, of course, ramen, in addition to a selection of other dishes such as dumplings and chicken curry. Status: Certified open; 885C 9th Avenue.
4) Midtown West: Midtown Lunch also shares that the new Baked by Melissa on 7th Avenue is now open for business. Status: Certified open; 526 7th Avenue, (212) 842-0220.
5) City Hall Park: The New York Times brings word of Tortilleria Nixtamal, a new Mexican kiosk in City Hall Park, coming from the famed Mexican restaurant in Corona, Queens with the same name. Tortilleria Nixtamal has a pretty substantial kiosk with a kitchen and outdoor seating. They serve tacos, tortillas, corn on the cob, seafood cocktails, sandwiches and La Newyorkina Mexican popsicles. Status: Certified open; City Hall Park.
6) West Village: The Times also reports on the new Stivale, which recently opened in half of the old Choptank space, which had two storefronts. Stivale means "boot" in Italian, and the menu by Chef Michael Berardino features pastas, spice roast chicken, fritto misto and more. Status: Certified open; 308 Bleecker Street, (212) 675-2009.
— Jackie Goldstein