1) Park Slope: Couleur Cafe, a new French coffee shop, is now open in the old Ajami Hookah Lounge space on Seventh Avenue. Here's Park Slope reports that they're serving Brooklyn Roasting coffee, pastries, sandwiches, salads, and a few daily specials like Beef Bourguignon. Status: Certified Open; 435 Seventh Avenue, Brooklyn, 718-788-6600.
2) East Village: EV Grieves notes that the first Manhattan location of Van Leeuwen Ice Cream opened on 7th Street over the weekend. Expect the same locally-made ice creams served on their truck and at the Greenpoint and Boerum Hill outposts, as well as pastries and Intelligentsia coffee. Status: Certified Open; 48.5 East 7th Street, at Second Avenue.
3) Lower East Side: Bowery Boogie learns that a new jazz club called Moldy Fig soft opened over the weekend at 178 Stanton Street. The new music spot currently has a beer and wine license, and the space features a small stage in the back room, plus a bar and lounge-style seating with a few cabaret tables. They're planning to launch a full food menu on July 4. Status: Soft Open; 178 Stanton Street.
4) Midtown: The Feed has the details on Ronin Bar and Grill, a new contemporary Asian restaurant that opened near Bryant Park last week. The menu features traditional sushi and ramen, as well as six differen rice-burgers with fillings like chicken katsu and sukiyaki. Status: Certified Open; 9 E 37th Street, (212) 213-5137.
5) Greenpoint: Several tipster note the opening of Lobster Joint, a new seafood restaurant in the old Lamb & Jaffy space on Manhattan Avenue. It serves lobster rolls, burgers, and other sandwiches priced between $9-$17, as well as raw bar items, soups, salads, and plates like lobster mac and cheese, and fish and chips. Status: Certified Open; 1073 Manhattan Avenue, Brooklyn, no phone yet.
6) Union Square: Blackbook checks out Flavaboom, a new fro-yo shop on Sixth Avenue. They serve ten kinds of non-fat yogurt, with 40 different toppings, but most notable is the futuristic space, created by design firm Dune, which includes an LED wall. They also serve coffee and pastries. Status: Certified Open; 600 6th Avenue; (212) 414-0010.
7) South Street Seaport: The Fulton Stall Market is now open for the season. This year's vendors include Brewla Bars, Coolhaus, Grandaisy, Red Jacket Orchards, Sour Puss Pickles, Brooklyn Winery, Brown Bag Bakery, and others. The market will be open every Sunday from 10 AM - 4PM. Status: Certified Open; South Street between Fulton and Beekman Street.