Click on each photo for more info.
- Jean-Georges takes his time at the greenmarket, because there's so much to chose from. (photo)
- Alain Ducasse carries his fresh veggies home in a straw bowl. (It's a French thing). (photo)
Thomas Keller has been to so many greenmarkets that he actually finds them sort of boring these days. (photo)
- Anita Lo knows that the fastest way to get veggies back to the restaurant is with a bicycle. (photo)
- Gramercy Tavern's Michael Anthony likes pointing out the best produce to greenmarket newbies. He's a really nice guy. (photo)
- Bill Telepan sometimes can't decide what kind of broccoli he wants to buy. (photo)
- What's George Mendes going to make with those tomatoes? (photo)
- Andrew Carmellini owns the greenmarket.(photo)
- It's a long haul back from the greenmarket for Gabrielle Hamilton. She rolls without shoes, because she's tough like that. photo)
- Dirt Candy's Amanda Cohen doesn't always use a cart for her vegetables. Sometimes she just hangs onto them. (photo
- Savoy's Peter Hoffman (right) like chatting with the apple guy. He's been doing this for years. (photo)
Eric Ripert knows that you've always got to smell your produce before buying it.