Click on each photo for more info.
- Holiday Decorations: JBFA medallions look great on top of Christmas trees, inside of festive wreaths, next to spooky Halloween displays, and they're easier to hide than Easter eggs.
- Rims: We know a guy in Rego Park that will do this for you in exchange for some sous-vide cookery tips.
- Give it to Mr. T.: He knows how to rock a gold chain better than any chef with a faux-hawk.
- Donate it to College Sports: The Beard medallion weighs just a few ounces less than an Olympics-regulation discus, so they're great for collegiate sporting events.
- Use it for Science Experiments: Which will hit the ground first: a James Beard Award, a Michelin Guide, or a bottle of S. Pellegrino?
- Give it to an Amish Kid: His dad will smash it flat with a mallet so that it can be used for that stick-rolling game.
- Give it to Lady Gaga: She'll find something to do with it. Remember that meat dress?
- Steak Brands: A nice way to remind your guests that you're an award-winning chef. Also helps justify pricey cuts of beef.
- Give it to Old People for Shuffleboard: Shuffleboard pucks are so easy to lose! Always good to have a few extra ones lying around.
- Trade it for cash: Is the tax man knocking at the door? Are your bus boys suing you for wage violations? Did you just close all your Atlanta restaurants? That Beard medallion can fetch you some sweet cashola. You won't be the first or the last
Did you win a James Beard Award last night? Congratulations! Now you have to figure out what you're going to do with it. Sure, you could hang it in your restaurant or in your living room, but there are so many other fun ways to use that gold medallion. Here's a list of 10.
· All James Beard Awards Coverage [~ENY~]