1) Greenpoint: The Greenpointers report that Upright Coffee has opened in the old Fat Louie's space on Manhattan Ave. Status: Certified Open; 860 Manhattan Ave.
2) Soho Grub Street shares that Vai Spuntino Bar, the offshoot of the now closing Upper West Side Vai, is open on Thompson Street. They're serving the now ubiquitous small/share plates. Click through for the menu. Status: Certified Open; 105 Thompson St., 212-226-1146.
3) Lower East Side: Bowery Boogie reports that Lucky's Famous Burgers opened today in the old Mario's Pizza space. It is the chain's fourth location. Status: Signs point to open, but no answer at that location; 147 East Houston St., 212-254-4900
4) Greenwich Village: Fork in the Road notices that ?Macaroni Macaroni has opened on MacDougal Street. This "Macaroni and Cheese Castle" offers mac 'n' cheese with assorted flavorings or served on top of pizza. Status: Certified Open; 120 MacDougal Street, 212-260-2653
5) Soho: Grub Street reports that Ba’al Café and Falafel is now open Sullivan Street serving falafel sandwiches, lentil soup, hummus, tabboule, and all that good stuff. Status: Certified Open; 1 Sullivan St., 646-368-9957.
6) Hell's Kitchen: TONY reports that West End, a new bar and tavern on 8th Ave., opened over the weekend. They'll serve "dishes like lobster and steak tacos, braised-short-rib spring rolls and a house burger made with a proprietary Pat LaFrieda beef blend." Status: Certified Open; 813 Eighth Ave., 212-707-8986.