1) East Village: EV Grieve welcomes C, a new coffee shop in Alphabet City. EV Grieve readers say it's pretty basic with coffee - from Strongtree Organic Coffee Roasters, tea, and some pastries. Status: Certified open; 256 E. Third Street.
2) Williamsburg: Mole, the Mexican restaurant with outposts in the Lower East Side and West Village, has expanded to the 'Burg. Mole offers many authentic dishes, such as Cochinita Pibil, a Yucatan specialty of shredded pork marinated in axiote paste and cooked in banana leaves, alongside basic burritos and fajitas (to appease the American appetites). They also have a wide variety of tequilas. Status: Certified open; 178 Kent Avenue, Williamsburg, (347) 384-2300.
3) Lower East Side: The Staten Island pizza transplant Goodfella's is now open in the old Kabab House II space on Orchard, Bowery Boogie reports. They claim to have the "World's best pizza," but they also serve pastas and some other entrees. Status: Certified open; 144 Orchard Street, (212) 432-3200.
4) Williamsburg: Time Out New York reports on the new That Burger Tent at the Artists & Fleas market. The owner Dan Petersen grills up burgers for hungry shoppers on weekends at the market until sold out and offers various toppings such as jalapeños and Brooklyn Salsas. Status: Certified open; 70 North 7th Street.
5) Bay Ridge: Time Out New York has the details on the new Bagel Schmagel, serving bagels that are kettle boiled and hand rolled. Status: Certified open; 7510 Third Avenue, Bay Ridge, (718) 833-1774.
6) East Village: Pop Pub, the beer-hall sister of Pop Burger, is now open. In addition to burgers, they also offer treats such as lobster rolls and mozzarella sticks. They also have a nice selection of craft beers on tap. Status: Certified open; 83 University Place, (212) 477-7574.
7) Various Locations: Time Out New York announces that the Coolhaus Ice Cream Sandwiches Truck will hit the streets tomorrow. This popular LA transplant is celebrating their launch with free ice cream sandwiches from 12-4 over the next few days!! Here is a schedule of their upcoming locations. An example of their offerings: blueberry-ginger ice cream and red velvet cookies. Nice. Status: Launching Friday; Twitter.
8) Hell's Kitchen: Sergimmo Salumeria, an Italian deli and cafe, is now open in Hell's Kitchen, Time Out New York reports. The menu offers imported and house-made salumi, fresh mozzarella and ricotta and more for their paninos, pastas and salads. Status: Certified open; 456 Ninth Avenue, (212) 967-4212.
9) Harlem: Fork in the Road has some information on the new Trufa on Broadway between 139th and 140th Streets. The menu is largely Italian-inspired and includes salads, sandwiches, pasta, and surf and turf. Status: Certified open; 3431 Broadway, (646) 522-4142.
10) East Village: EV Grieve brings word that Bento Burger, which has taken over the old Marfa space on 2nd Street, is soft opening tonight. The menu features many burgers, including several vegetarian burgers, a hemp burger, a seafood burger, a Japanese burger and a Korean burger. They also don a futuristic, Blade Runner style interior. Status: Soft opening tonight, grand opening Tuesday; 101 E. 2nd Street, (212) 673-8908.