As part of Eater's first ever burger week, chefs at five major New York restaurants that don't serve burgers agreed to make a special limited edition burger, served just this week and next. Every day we highlight a new burger. Today, SHO Shaun Hergatt's Lamb Bacon and Ramp Burger.
Chef Shaun Hergatt's food is a mix of local ingredients, French technique, and a few exotic twists. His Burger Week special has a little bit of all of those things: it's a 5 oz flame-grilled LaFrieda short rib patty on a homemade rosemary and parmesan brioche bun, with a local ramp compote, caramelized onions, house-cured grilled lamb bacon, tomatoes, and Cabot clothbound cheddar cheese, available upon request. It's a really smooth combo. The burger comes with a side of pommes pont-neuf — triple fried thick-cut fries with truffle mayo.
- Homemade parmesan brioche bun, seasoned with thyme and rosemary.
- Pickled local ramp compote with caramelized onions.
- LaFrieda short rib patty.
- Cabot clothbound cheddar cheese (it's optional, but get it).
- Homemade lamb bacon.
- Bun on top.
- Sho Shaun Hergatt Burger: 5 oz shortrib burger with lamb bacon, truffle mayonnaise, carmelized onion and pickled ramp compote, tomato, and ramp leaves on a housemade brioche bun. It's offered for lunch and dinner in the Pearl Room and Black bar for $20 or
- Chef Shaun.
The $20 burger is available for lunch and dinner in the Pearl Room and the Black Bar, and as a part of the $35 prix fixe Closing Bell menu, through the end of next week. And as a bonus, they're also offering a special root beer float made with Moxie soda, Rittenhouse rye, whiskey ice cream, and licorice whipped cream, for $10.
Stay tuned for the Ma Peche burger tomorrow. See the Kin Shop burger here, the Chinatown Brasserie burger here, and the Maialino burger here.
· All Coverage of SHO Shaun Hergatt [~ENY~]
· All Burger Week Coverage [~ENY~]