1) Prospect Heights: Fork in the Road and the One Hanson Place blog note the opening of Ample Hills Creamery, a new sweets shop on Vanderbilt Ave. They make a lot of their goods in house, and will eventually serve 24 flavors of ice cream, plus coffee and pastries. Status: Certified Open; 623 Vanderbilt Ave, (718) 670-3346.
2) Lower East Side: Bowery Boogie brings word that a new Indian street food spot called Masala Twist has opened in the old Kung Fu Bing space on East Houston Street. Status: Certified open; 189 East Houston St., no phone yet.
3) Soho: PR informs us that Iacopo Falai's new retail concept Bottega Falai, is now open in the space next to Caffe Falai. The new project sells Italian goods and groceries, fresh baked breads, and items for takeaway, like sandwiches, salads, pastas, and coffee. Head over to The Feast for photos. Status: Certified Open; 267 Lafayette St., (212) 334-3132.
4) Midtown: A tipster brings word that a new location of mini chain Piccolo Cafe has opened at 238 Madison, serving sandwiches, salads, breakfast dishes and pastas. Status: Certified Open, 238 Madison Ave., (212) 447-4399.
5) Midtown: Flo Fab reports that Qi Bangkok Eatery, a new Thai restaurant with a menu by Pichet Ong, has opened on Eighth Ave near 43rd Street. The modern space features plenty of white tile, leather, and mirrors. Status: Certified Open; 675 Eighth Ave., (212) 247-8991.