1) Williamsburg: Gothamist welcomes Vine Wine, a wine shop relocated from Long Island City to the old Brooklyn Kitchen Space. Vine Wine will offer classes, tastings and a visiting winemaker series. They will also feature snacks from The Meat Hook for pairing in classes. In addition to their wide variety of wines, they will also feature handcrafted artisanal spirits from all over the world. Status: Certified open; 616 Lorimer Street, Williamsburg, (718) 349-1718.
2) Midtown East: The New York Times brings word of Spencer Rubin's new restaurant Melt Shop, a new grilled cheese spot. Some of the varieties include fontina and goat cheese with roasted mushrooms and pesto on whole wheat and buttermilk fried chicken with jack cheese on country white. Status: Opens Monday; Citigroup Center, 601 Lexington Avenue, (212) 759-6358.
3) Midtown East: DNA Info has the details on Cafe R, a new block-long food court that opened up earlier this week, with entrances on both 32nd St. and 33rd St. It serves sandwiches, salads, dumplings, West Indian food, Korean BBQ, sushi and much, much more. Status: Certified Open; 32nd St., between 6th & 7th ave.
4) Midtown East: Grub Street reports that a new spinoff of the Aldo Israeli gelato chain called Mia Chef Gelataria opened on Third Ave at 27th St. last week. The shop offers cakes, sorbets, and ice cream flavors like Cap'n Crunch and chocolate whiskey. Status: Certified Open; 379 Third Avenue, (212) 889-8727.
5) West Village: Zagat learns that a new sweets shop called Love Gelato is now serving 16 different flavors of ice cream to the West Village. They also offer coffee, and sweet and savory pastries. Status: Certified Open; 167 Seventh Ave, no phone yet.
6) West Village: Plywood vet Sockerbit is now open on Christopher St. between 7th Avenue and Bleecker. The owners tell us that they are currently the only store in NYC to sell Scandinavian candy in bulk. Their goods have no artificial colors, and they're free of transfats and GMOs. Status: Certified Open; 89 Christopher St, (212) 206-8170.