If you thought Eddie Huang was out of the restaurant game when his LES joint Xiao Ye shuttered last year, check this: Tasting Table has the details on the BaoHaus chef's new, super top secret Taiwanese/Deep South fusion project, Huang Way. It will feature:
· A menu of about 30 or so "toasts"Clearly, this is going to be the hottest opening Willywick (the nabe between Williamsburg and Bushwick) has seen in years. Check out a video of Huang explaining his new baby, below.
· A strict door policy (secret phone number resys, only)
· Giant iPads built into every table (for ordering)
· English toffee from a British confectioner (for dessert)
· A carp farm on the roof (for decoration/good luck)
· A rickshaw-based mobile spinoff, coming later this year
Hung Way is soft opening on Monday.
· So Right It's Huang [Tasting Table]
[Photo: Fresh Off the Boat]
· All Coverage of Eddie Huang [~ENY~]