1) Upper West Side: The Upper West Side outpost of EJ's seems to have become Amsterdam Diner, a tipster to Neighborhoodr reveals. However, when you call the restaurant they still say EJ's... They said the name has changed but the menu is pretty much the same, but they will be adding a few dishes. Status: Certified open; 447 Amsterdam Avenue, (212) 873-3444.
2) Midtown East: UrbanDaddy and Midtown Lunch welcome My Maki, a new build your own sushi spot with wackadoodle ingredient possibilities. Some of these ingredients include craisins, Doritos and potato sticks. The full menu can be found here. Status: Certified open; 142 E 43rd Street, (212) 682-2795.
3) Midtown East: Midtown Lunch also brings word that Delish and Riyoshi are now open. Delish is on the first floor, and serves basic deli fare. The mezzanine hosts Riyoshi, which is a Japanese restaurant. There is nothing online about either. Status: Certified open; 44th Street (between Madison and 5th Avenues).
4) Astoria: The New York Times reports on a new Southern sandwich joint in Queens called Queens Comfort. Some of the offerings include pulled pork, skillet fried chicken, fried green tomatoes and honey-glazed pork belly. Status: According to the Yelpers, it opened a month ago; 40-09 30th Avenue, Astoria, Queens, (646) 597-8687.
5) Harlem: Uptown Flavor has some details on Bad Horse Pizza, which will soft open this Friday. The place will sell pies only (no slices!) due to the landlord's insistence that it be a sit down establishment. Pies start at $11, and they will also offer pastas and salads. On Friday the restaurant will offer a free glass of wine from Harlem Vintage or a beer to welcome its new customers. Status: Soft opening Friday; 2224 Frederick Douglass Boulevard, (212) 749-1258.
6) Brooklyn Heights: Grub Street has the details on Seasons, a New American eatery that opened last week. The chef is Tuhin Dutta, a former restaurant consultant who also collaborated on L'artiste in Astoria. The menu features apps in the $8-$14 range, and entrees for around $20, plus some pretty odd desserts like a Baked Alaska made with a truffle risotto cake. Status: Certified Open; 46 Henry St., (718) 858-6700.