1) Chelsea: A tipster reports that Banana Leaf, a new Sri Lankan place, will be opening soon at 227 West 28th Street between 7th and 8th Avenues. It could be an excellent addition, given New York is short on Sri Lankan fare. [PLYWOOD]
2) Cobble Hill: Brownstoner brings the news that another new Five Guys is coming to Cobble Hill. This one will be opening soon at 266 Court Street. [PLYWOOD]
3) Gramercy: Ralph's an Italian ice outfit in Brooklyn and Queens will open a Manhattan location this spring on East 24th Street and Lexington Avenue. [PLYWOOD]
4) Flatiron: Mad Park News reports that signage is up for Tappo, a new thin crust pizzeria coming to 24th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues. Some tough competition with Patsy's, Grimaldi's and Eataly in the hood and Zero Otto Nove coming soon. [PLYWOOD]
5) West Village: Fork in the Road reports that Vin Sur Vingt, a new "authentic French" wine bar, is opening on West 11th Street at 11th Avenue sometime this spring. They'll serve bistro fare in addition to a rotating list of wines.
6) Flatiron: Mad Park News notices that Duo will open this spring at 72 Madison Avenue between 27th and 28th street. The restaurant was once home to Olana.
7) Park Slope: Here's Park Slope learns that an Austrian restaurant called Der Kommissar will be opening soon at 559 Fifth Avenue, between 15th and 16th Streets. They'll offer "a menu of artisanal Austrian style sausages, craft beers, and an extensive selection of schnapps." [PLYWOOD]
8) East Village: The Feast reports that Van Leeuwen the ice cream operation with trucks all over town and brick and mortar locations in Brooklyn, is opening a shop in the East Village. It will open on 7th Street near 2nd Ave. within the next four weeks. [PLYWOOD]