1) Midtown West: Zagat Buzz takes a look at the new Mr. Robata, which opened March 4 on Broadway near 52nd Street. Mr. Robata is the brainchild of Masaki Nakayama and Barry Lipsitz, and his sons, Barry Jr. and Brent. This grill and sushi bar features "French-inflected Japanese cooking." View the menu here. Status: Certified Open; 1674 Broadway, (212) 757-1030.
2) East Village: Grub Street has the details on Amor y Amargo, a bitters-focused bar with a small menu of snacks from Luiz Gonzalez. They also report that they will soon offer cocktail classes. Status: Certified Opened; 443 East 6th Street.
3) Lower East Side: Bowery Boogie reports that Vie De France, a new French restaurant on 96 Orchard Street will be opening any day now. Vie De France will offer sandwiches, coffee, and various cafe snacks such as crepes, cheese and chocolate. Status: Opening soon; 96 Orchard Street.
4) Soho: Grub Street takes a look at the new tavern Buskers on 92 West Houston Street near West Broadway. The space has a loungey vibe, with a long bar and a pool table in the back. Click through to view the menu. Status: Certified Open; 92 West Houston Street, (201) 604-1380.
5) Midtown West: Time Out New York has some info on the new bi-level brasserie TSQ at 723 Seventh Avenue at 48th Street. The menu features a little bit of everything including things like steak frites, sushi, ahi tuna with Mediterranean meze and veal stroganoff. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Status: Certified Open; 723 Seventh Avenue, (212-398-1118).