1) Hell's Kitchen: The Oyster blog has the details on Pier 9, Eric Hara's nautically-themed re-do of the old Agua Dulce space, which opened on Monday. The restaurant features a raw bar and extensive selection of both simply prepared and more elaborate seafood dishes including a lobster roll and foot-long lobster dog, as well as non-fish fare like filet mignon and roasted chicken. The space has white tableclothes, and a number of boat-themed design touches like sails and antique wood. Grub Street has photos of the room. Status: Certified Open; 802 9th Avenue, (212) 262-1299.
2) Midtown: Urban Dadddy, Grub Street and others bring word of a massive new indoor beer garden called Bierhaus opening near Grand Central Terminal today. The space has big communal tables, two floors, a balcony and lots of windows. There's only five ales on tap, all German, but there is a long menu of appetizer plates priced between $9-$15, sandwiches, salads and sausages in the $7-$15 range, and several entrees in the mid-twenties. Check out the full menu here. Status: Certified Opening Tonight; 712 Third Ave, (646) 580-0243.
3) Williamsburg: Last night Joaquin Baca's The Brooklyn Star reopened in the old Lazy Catfish space on Lorimer St. After a preview dinner this week, Baca's old boss David Chang tweeted: " New shiny brooklyn star wed re-opening. Good times great food. So happy for quino." Check out more pics of the interior here, and the menu, here. Status: Certified Open, 593 Lorimer St., Brooklyn; (718) 599- 9899.
4) Clinton Hill: Per a press release, we learn that Kush on Putnam Ave just reopened as Hill Cafe, a French-American restaurant from the same chef and owner. Expect tapas, small plates, steaks, pastas, seafood entrees and salads, with some African influences and several vegetarian dishes. They're currently serving dinner Tuesday-Sunday, and lunch on the weekends. Status: Certified Open, 17 Putnam Ave, Brooklyn.
5) Lower East Side: Bowery Boogie brings word that Peri, a new wine bar, has opened at 179 Essex St. There are over 100 reds and whites, plus beer and cocktails, and a menu of Mediterranean fare for lunch, dinner and brunch on the weekends. Status: Certified Open. 179 Essex St.