Welcome back to the weekly Shutter. Know of any other restaurant that has met its demise? Let us know.
1) Greenpoint: Franklin St. dive bar Van Gogh's Radio Lounge quietly shuttered last month. We hear that the team from nearby wine shop Dandelion are eying the space for a new bar concept. [ShutterWire]
2) The Upper West Side: A tipster writes in, "Well, imagine my misery to find the Neuhaus chocolate store, at 2151 Broadway between 75th and 76th, gone. Mind you: they didn't even stick around for their biggest gig of the year -- Valentine's Day." [ShutterWire]
3) Coney Island: Grub Street learns that Classic Heros, a sub shop with a great brisket and gravy sandwich, closed back in the beginning of January. [GS]
4) Midtown East: Merchants NY, one of the city's last cigar bars, will close after service on Sunday to make way for Pat and Gina Neely's new restaurant Neely's Barbecue Parlor. Update: Fork in the Road's intel was off. Merchants NY will remain open. The Neelys' restaurant will occupy the space above them. [FitR]
5) Chinatown: Grub Street reports that Jumbo Hot Dog, a tiny hot dog window by the Fung Wah bus line over by the Manhattan Bridge, is closed. [GS]