Saturday Slideshow: Ovens with Names
- Donatella: Restaurateur Donatella Arpaia loves labels, brands and bling. So, when she opened her eponymous Chelsea pizzeria, she not only installed an oven fro
- Motorino Williamsburg: Renato is the name of the guy who made the oven at this wildly popular Williamsburg pizzeria. In this photo, Mathieu Palombino was recreating that scene i
- Ember Room: Todd English added an understated touch to the oven at his new Asian BBQ restaurant, Ember Room. Instead of spelling out his full, eleven letter name, he just had h
Lombardi's: The handiwork at the top of this oven still looks awesome, even after a hundred years. Actually, it's vaguely reminiscent of the most recent M.I.A. album cover. Those old Italian guys were way ahead of their time.
Roberta's: Who says cursive is a lost art?
Hoy Wong Restaurant: Here we see the rare Peking duck rotisserie oven with a name on it. In two languages, no less -- you find the craziest stuff in Chinatown.
- Naples 45: This Park Ave pizzeria has three ovens, all named after Italian dishes. But you know what's weird? Th
- Cosi: Name-ovens aren't only found inside of celebrated New York pizzerias -- there's one in every single Cosi location all across the country! Yes, those flatbreads, squagles, sandwiches and "shareables" are all made in these tall black
- Peppino's: This Brooklyn pizzeria has a neon sign at the top -- incredibly rare, even for ovens with names on them. What's more, the other design elements -- the glass bricks, the garlic wreaths -- are all arranged to emphasize that glowing stunne
- Paulie Gee's: Pie man Paulie Gee decorated his Ferrara oven with the name of the city that invented and mastered the 12'' puffy crust pizza . It also rocks some pretty awesome Summer of Love artwork. Paulie might secretly be an ex-hippy. L